Tufting (English version of Asiakastyö - Seinätekstiili)

Hello!

In March 2021 I started working on my biggest competence demonstration project, Making of Design Textiles. The goal was to work with a client and make a wall textile.

I had trouble finding inspiration for the project and had nothing to start with. I took pictures, made Pinterest boards, painted, drew and tried to look for any materials that I could use. Although the customer gave me quite a bit of freedom with the project, she hoped for the use of recycled materials, but with the short time period and lack of resources, this wasn't possible. The threads and yarns used are listed here:

- Muhku light blue wool yarn
- DROPS Snow single wool yarn
    - light blue-gray
    - pastel blue
    - sea green
light green Sisal-twine
- thin white linen thread

The outlines and colour schemes for the piece I made in Adobe Illustrator from a picture I had drawn on previously. The hours I put into making the sketches and the actual piece took approx. 100h. 

Here are some pictures from all the stages.

This stone building worked as the base for the tufting pattern.

Testing out the tufting machine


The outline for the piece, 120cm in diameter


Getting used to the heavy machine

The back of the piece glued to that the piece stays together

Cut out and ready to get fitted for the metal ring

Finishing the edges with an overlocker

The metal ring that holds the piece in place. Made by the guys in our school's metal workshop.

Hand sewing the fabric around the ring



Finishing touches with textile glue









Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

2. näyttö - Tekstiili- ja muotialan kiertotaloustuotteen valmistaminen

Digitaalinen printtisuunnittelu